How can we help?
The Social Media team manages the University’s core branded channels, and to offer strategic guidance on social media to the University.
- Strategic advice
- Networking and professional development opportunities
- Training: for new administrators, and for those who are new to a particular platform such as Facebook or Twitter and want to get started
- Advice for executive staff who need to make decisions about the use of social media in their area
- Guidelines on use of social media: latest version can be found here: https://socialmedia.unimelb.edu.au/resources/social-media-guidelines
- Promotional assistance: Get in touch if you would like an item posted to the central social media streams, or if you would like help contacting other administrators. From time to time it is also possible for us to send staff to events, eg to live Tweet or create short videos. We also coordinate events such as live Facebook chats where these are relevant to our audiences: just ask.